Kapiolani Residence - My Initial Thoughts
In the past few days, I recently took a handful of my clients to the Kapiolani Residence sales center. Here are my initial thoughts:
- The units at Kapiolani Residence are significantly larger than Ke Kilohana’ s. At Kapiolani Residence, the smallest 1-bed unit 671 SF; that’s almost 200 SF larger than the smallest unit at Ke Kilohana.
- Given I’m not an interior designer, I feel that Kapiolani Residence has better finishings than Ke Kilohana.
- Projects like Kapiolani Residence give many [millennial] first-time home buyers an opportunity to enter our competitive real estate market. However, many prospective buyers often overlook the potential downside of the shared appreciation (HHFDC) and shared equity (HCDA).
- I was informed by a Kapiolani Residence salesperson that each unit will get one, full size parking stall. The 3-bedroom units get two, full size parking stalls. Regardless if one is purchasing an affordable condo or not, it’s always important to find out where and how big the parking stalls are.
- ONE Ala Moana and Park Lane have proven that the Ala Moana Shopping Center is a powerful amenity. Kapiolani Residence will have minimal amenities because the “real” amenities are the mall, the proximity to the beach and Waikiki, and the neighborhood itself. This is the truest definition of “Live, Work, Play.”
If you’re interested in living at Kapiolani Residence, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I look forward to helping you.
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog. Ryan Oda (#RS-75450) is a licensed real estate salesperson with Benn Pacific Group, Inc (#RB-19423). The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of Benn Pacific Group, Inc., its agents, and or its affiliates. My thoughts and opinions can change over time. This blog is intended to provide a semi-permanent snapshot of a selection of various thoughts and opinions that may not be the same, or even similar, to those I may hold today.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Benn Pacific Group, Inc., its agents, and or its affiliates make no representation as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.